Danger! Princess at Work.

A princess doing construction was appealing to me for a number of reasons:

  • There would be an opportunity for a strong, active princess.
  • Three would be an opportunity to show cool construction equipment.
  • There would be an opportunity to design/build an awesome castle.
  • There would be an opportunity to playfully put the princess in dangerous situations. She would never get hurt, of course, but only because it's a children's story. Disney's Phineas and Ferb are an inspiration for this children-in-danger-but-never-actually-get-hurt mentality, but then again, almost every cartoon since the dawn of cartoons follows this rule.

I did the following sketch soon after my early princess sketch. The idea was to place her in a scene and establish the construction theme. I'm including the sketch, a simple color comp and one for lighting. Again, I suspect I won't ultimately do anything digitally, but it is good for exploration and sketching.





No comments:

Post a Comment